more information and conditions
The open call only applies to existing works that you will adapt where necessary for a presentation at the Fries Museum. A submission may consist of one or more artworks that together form a presentation, for example several paintings, a video work with performance, a sound artwork with an installation or a workshop with visual elements. The artists selected will receive an honorarium of €1350 with a production and expenses budget of €1000.
- You can only apply with a digital file (a photo of your work, a video or a description of your performance or workshop) (JPG or PDF 300dpi) via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artists must be available on the day itself (30 September 2023) and a few days before for consultation and set-up.
- Close of Open Call: 7 August 2023
- Participants will be notified after 24 August 2023
- Choice of materials is free.
- By submitting your work, you give us permission to -if selected- use your work for communication around the night.
- Please note: it is not possible to create entirely new work for this exhibition. We charge a fee according to artist's fees guidelines. Given the available budget, only existing artworks will be considered. Adjustments to existing artworks are possible. We apply fee rates based on the artist's fee guideline on the basis of an 'adaptation of an existing work'. For more information see: www.richtlijnkunstenaarshonorarium.nl
After receiving the submissions, our curatorial team, consisting of Koen Bartijn, artistic director VHDG, Judith Spijksma, curator of modern and contemporary art Fries Museum, Josine Zuidema, programmer of activities Fries Museum and artist Michelle Samba will carefully assess the submissions and make a selection based on artistic quality, originality and relevance to the overarching theme of the exhibition.